Happy 7th Birthday Gracie!
Gracie has GOT to stop growing up! She is making me feel so old!! But who can complain when I have such a sweet and amazing daughter like you, Gracie. So glad you were born that cool Oregon July night 7 years ago to a mom who had no idea what she was doing! (still don't, by the way)Her birthday celebration with the family started out with our traditional birthday breakfast of pancakes in Paradise. Really. We drive to the city of Paradise and have pancakes at the only restaurant in town....

Birthday Girl Gracie

Grandma and Grandpa even came up to stay the night before so they could join us in Paradise.

Technically, it was still 2 days before her real birthday, but dad was too excited to give her her gift he picked out himself. Do you think she is excited?

Of course, we had to try out the fishing pole right that instant. We had a wonderful time up the canyon, and even though though the fish were sparse, the company was lovely.
Birthdays can also be advantageous for siblings, as Sophie learned. Jake broke down and got Soph a pole to so she could join in on the daddy-daughter fishing trips. Grandpa was a good keep-the-hook-from-catching-someones-eye helper.
Just like the fish, little Ben was not interested in the poles and hooks at all. Rocks. That's all he needs for happiness. Rocks and water.
Even though their faces are covered with BBQ chips, I still love this picture.


3 comments:
Oh how I love you Gracie! You are an amazing girl. Smart, sweet, beautiful, helpful, loving, fun - I could go on and on!
I loved this post Jen! Thanks for letting us share in Gracie's big day. We loved breakfasting in Paradise with you all and the canyon was beautiful, as was the company. Thanks!
Looks like a fun birthday! I am loving that BBQ chips picture!
OH! HOW I love the Grace Anne! I could go on and on too. I was ALMOST in paradise too, reliving this day with you...I wish I could have been there for reals. I love the surprise that that sweet lil dad pulled off for his girls.
I love you all. Thanks for the post...and I like the chips picture too. I love BBQ chips.
Bravo for being born Gracie! I love love LOVE you!
Post a Comment