This February was our 10th anniversary!
FYI, I looked it up and the traditional gift for your 10th anniversary is tin or aluminum. (really!?!) But my sweet husband actually got me something better that that...a week long vacation for just the two of us! It has been since our honeymoon to Jackson Hole, WY that we spent a week together without the kiddos. And it was SO wonderful! It also happened to coincide with the WAC basketball tournament in Las Vegas, so most of it was on Jake's employer. Sweet!
We ate the most amazing food...what else do Mormons do in Vegas? This particular restaurant was a Wolfgang Puck's 'Lupo', which came highly recommended by my parents, who told us to order the pizza that had potatoes on it. Mmmmmm....so amazing.
This was the highlight of the trip...The Lion King! If you have never seen it, go here to catch of glimpse of the amazing puppetry and music.
I have to admit that I an not a fan the Las Vegas strip...it kind of wears on you. So Jake and I took advantage of this time without kids to hit the temple a couple times. It was so peaceful and beautiful...just about the most opposite place we could be from the Las Vegas strip.
Now for the rest of the celebrations....
Our Sophie turned 5 this week! Sophie is such a unique and special person in our family. She has her own way of going about things, her own 'flair'. She is so thoughtful, and is always writing love notes for people in our family. She is getting to be very smart and is looking forward to kindergarden. She wants to play with her friends everyday, and loves to call her friends herself. She sits and talks to them forever like a little teenager. (gives me glimpses of what might be the future-yikes!) She is also our best child at reminding us to read the scriptures every night...she doesn't ever let us forget. We love you Sophie and are so glad you are in our family!
Since her actual birthday fell on a Family Night, we had a good-old-fashioned family birthday party with just the five of us. Compete with our new favorite game, "wrap the mummy".
If you haven't caught on yet, we are a pretty silly family.
Thus the chocolate covered faces.
And because this year is a 'friend party year', we celebrated all over again (whew!) later in the week with a ladybug party...inspired by the ladybug pillow pet that Sophie got for her birthday from Grandma.
Sophie, like most girls, loves the planning part of a party more that the actual party itself. I enjoyed doing all things ladybug with her!
And last, but not least, Jake had his 33rd birthday! He has a name for each of his birthdays that coinsides with a basketball player's jersey number, but I can't remember it. His Larry Bird Birthday, maybe. Anyways, he is such an AMAZING husband and father and keeps getting better at it. The last few months have been a little tough around here for me, and Jake has risen to a new level that I never imagined possible. He has done so much for us around here. Jake, you are such a light in our home and we love you more than ever.
And when I asked if he would rather go out for dinner or have friends over for games for his birthday, he said "Actually Jen, can I just watch the BYU game and have pizza?"
So here he is enjoying his birthday pizza and cream cheese dainish, at his request. Love my low matanience man.

5 comments:
Yahoo~ I'm so glad to have a new post from your cute family!
I had such a great time with your wonderful kids - you are doing such a great job as parents.
Happy Happy Birthday Sophie Dear!
Happy 33rd to you Jake!!
We love guys.
I think we have the same purple dress! We should get a sisters photo with them on! Congrats on all that celebrating, hooray for getting a break!
Really fun seeing the photos of you kids and your kids. You all look wonderful. Your favorite auntie loves you!! Happy Birthday to all!
I hate to complain but PLEASE don't wait so long to blog again. I miss seeing those sweet faces. These blogs help me keep up with my nieces and nephews. Love you all!
I think I might book a flight now. I just can't stand it.....
THanks for the post! REALLY!
Post a Comment