Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hardware Ranch

First off, let me preface this by saying that I LOVE SATURDAYS!! Having Jake all to ourselves on weekends is heavenly. Thank goodness we are done with those studying days of long ago.
So this weekend we went to visit Hardware Ranch, which is right up our little canyon by our house. It is a game reserve where they feed the elk so they won't wander into our yards. The elk were a little shy, so we only got to see them from a distance, but we did get to go on a sleigh ride, visit with Santa, and have hot chocolate and cookies.

Oh, what fun it is to ride on a two-horse open sleigh, hey!
Actually, we were freezing.
Gracie and the Clydesdales

Thawing off and eating cookies in the visitors center after visiting with Santa.


Sophie, frozen solid.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Jen and Jake!

I saw your blog on Dave and Mel's and thought I'd say hello! Your girls are so cute and it sounds like you are having fun in Logan. You can check out our blog at www.bkgrimm.blogspot.com. Happy Holidays!
Katie (Erdmann) Grimm

MOMMACITA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOMMACITA said...

Oh Sorry...messed up on my comment. OH my little Sophia! The cold scraped off her poor little nose! And just a little mother-in-law advise: Jen, you're using too much product in her hair. I wish I could have been there with you freezing my patootie off.

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Those pictures are Priceless! It reminds me of Mike in the cold. We are SOOO excited to come and see you and your snow; we will have to go sledding!

heather said...

It looks like you had fun, but I can feel how cold it must have been by looking at the pictures. Sorry we are not going to see you this year at the party, but have a great Christmas. I will say Jen one thing that has made Christmas a little easier is having my kids in school. That at least gives me a few hours to do things without the kids. Thanks for your comment on my blog, good advice.