Friday, June 29, 2012

Ben's 3rd Birthday!

Look who's 3!
When we woke Ben up (which is rare...he never sleeps in!) to tell him it’s his birthday, he breathed in really deep and exclaimed “I’M THREE NOW!?! I NOT TWO ANYMORE!?!”-as if life was totally great now.  We joked that two must have been hard for him.  
 Ben, you are any mother’s dream child.  You have such a unique and special little personality.  I love how you just know exactly how you want things done.  You are a chief (that's code for the boss/sometimes bossy).  Your little buddies are very important to you and play with you often. 

You have a very sweet side too.
You feel the spirit even at such a young age.  The other night I told you the story of Ammon and the king's sheep for the first time, and you asked me to tell it three times in a row.  When I was finished, you exclaimed “I’m going to be a missionary, too!”   I can’t wait for the day that you get to serve a faithful mission for the Lord.  You’ll be wonderful, I know it!
Ben, I couldn’t be happier to be your mom.  We get to spend some alone time together now that Gracie and Sophie are in school, and I love every minute of it.  You bring such life and joy to all of us.  
  We love our Ben!




Ben and his new basketball hoop.  He loves basketball like his daddy.
Ben has a new fascination...cars.  Finally something besides balls! This was his race car birthday cake that was actually pretty easy to make.








Grandpa and Grandma Shaw came up to celebrate Ben's birthday, too.  Here's grandpa introducing Ben to the wonderful world of tools. So many new boy toys to explore!  We're used to dolls and princesses around here.
Happy Birthday Ben! We love you!

No comments: