Happy 6th Birthday Sophie!
 |
Happy 6th Birthday Sophie! I am pretty sure you are the cutest six year
old ever! You ooze sweetness and
cuteness. You love hugs and snuggles…you have always been our snuggliest child.
This year was a great and growing year for you! You started kindergarten this year. I was
anxious to see how you would do in school, having Gracie already set such a
high bar for our family. But you
impressed me all year! You are SUCH an
amazing reader and so smart! You love
writing notes and stories and pictures. Dad
and I find notes on our pillows all the time.
I love those sweet notes.
Jake and I crack up all the time at things
you say and notice. The other day we had
a little family testimony meeting for family home evening, and each child had a
turn to bear sweet testimony. After it
was all over, we asked how you all felt and what you thought about it. After much thought, you very matter-of-factly
said “I think next time instead of saying A-men, I’m going to say Ah-men.”
Sophie, you are turning out to be such a wonderuful, sweet girl. We're so glad you're ours!
This year you requested a RAINBOW party. We had so much fun planning all things rainbow. To top it all off, we got to celebrate with a whole bunch of family at Grandma and Grandpa Shaw's.
|
.JPG) |
| Rainbow Balloon Arch |
.JPG) |
| Rainbow Jello |
.JPG) |
| Rainbow Layer Cake. This was quite the project. I actually had to make it TWICE because the first time all seven layers stuck to the pans. But it was all worth it when I saw your face as we cut it open! |
.JPG) |
| Sophie getting ready to blow our her candles. |
.JPG) |
| Sophie personally made all these pots of gold at the end of the rainbow for all her guests. |
.JPG) |
| And who can have a party without some sort of pin the (blank) on the (blank).... |
.JPG) |
| ...like this one! |
.JPG) |
| Cute little pots of gold. |
.JPG) |
| We are so lucky to have such fun people to celebrate Sophie's birthday with her! |
No comments:
Post a Comment