Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jake and the BIG 3-0

Last week we celebrated Jake's 30th birthday. I felt like we should do something momentous for the occasion, so the girls and I planned a surprise birthday party with some friends from the ward. But it was really hard to surprise him with people coming one at a time, so the girls and I decorated and set up the food early, then hid and yelled surprise when he got home from work (an hour before the party). He got the effect, right? Jake has always struggled with people thinking he is younger than he is, but I have kept on telling him that it would pay off someday. Well, now I think I have the fittest and youngest looking 30-year old husband in the world. Happy Birthday, Jake. We love you!

A scene from the wild and crazy party.


Gracie and Sophie, celebrating at the kid table like it was their own birthday.

3 comments:

MOMMACITA said...

There's nothing like a firstborn. Jake, you have always made me a proud mommacita. 30 rocks. I must have had you when I was 12.

Emily said...

Happy 30th Jake. Dan just celebrated his a month ago and it took a while to register. He is looking great and you are too. This means that Leigh and I are getting close to our thirty's, YICKS!

Marc and Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I can't believe you are 30. HA HA. You are an old man now. Just kidding. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday-Hope you had a great one. Well, how could you not with such an amazing wife? We love you guys-
Love,
Marc, Tricia, Sam and Kate