Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Sophia!

Oh, my little Sophie. I can't believe she is 2! We have been talking birthday plans for months, and it is finally here. She has informed us that she wants a real doggy for her birthday (considering the fact that she's terrified of dogs, I'd say this is a step in the right direction). She has also planned her birthday menu of chicken, rice, and broccoli. She says it's her favorite. Who knew? She also prefers everything to be pink and yellow....again, her favorite. I love how she has opinions now. I guess that's all part of being 2, right?
Well, since Grandma Garlock and Grandma and Grandpa Shaw were going to be in town the week before her birthday, we pretended that it was Sophie's birthday last Saturday. Her real birthday is on the 14th, but we had a great early birthday celebration. Sophie was so cute. She loved all the attention on her. Thanks to the Grandparents for traveling up/down for the event. Our girls are the luckiest grandkids ever! Here's some pictures from the event...

The little princess all dolled up in her new birthday outfit. She loves dresses and shoes. Such a girl!

Gracie and Sophie with Grammie Garlock. We LOVED having her stay the week with us. We miss you!!

Snuggling with Grandma and Grandpa Shaw. So cute!

Sophie likes to randomly "oink" throughout the day, so it was fitting that she wanted a pig cake. I don't think I'd win any major Food Network awards, but at least she knew it was a pig. Oink.














5 comments:

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Sophie is so old now! I love the first picture of her! SOO cute! We were sad we could not be there. I am quite impressed with you pig cake! Very good!

MOMMACITA said...

I love that little Sophie. I really really do. What a lil darlin. So yum

emily said...

I can't believe that she is two. I love your cake!! I would give you an award for sure, it looks just like a pig, KUDOS!!

Matt said...

wow. she's is the cutest person in the world. I am such a bad aunt for forgetting her birthday! Good thing she is only two and won't remember my forgetfulness. You guys are such good parents for throwing her a wonderful party.

Kev and Aubs said...

Sorry we missed, Ty really wanted to go. Happy Birthday Soph! It's crazy that is comes around so fast.