Thursday, December 4, 2008

He's Here!

Welcome Benjamin Timothy!
Ben arrived to our family on Monday at 2:28 p.m., weighing in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. (our biggest so far) and 20" long. He was also the best labor yet for me. Only 4 hours long and 2 minutes of pushing....so great! He has TONS of long blond hair, which is also new for us. We are used to seeing bald babies around here. So little Ben has already provided us with lots of smiles.
Me, meeting Ben for the first time and loving every minute of it. Plus, it was still daytime, which I was also loving. It's nice to have a little head start on the sleeping thing!

The proud father with his first 'manchild', as Mary puts it.


My four favorite people in the world. Can you believe how lucky I am?

When Gracie saw Baby Ben and I for the first time, she burst into tears. I asked if they were happy or sad tears, and she smiled and said "happy". Sophie has great plans of teaching Ben all his letters of the alphabet. He has two big sisters who are already taking great care of him.


Yeah for Ben! Thanks to everyone who offered support and prayers during this special time for our little family. We love you all so much and feel so blessed.
Love,
Jake, Jen, Gracie, Sophie, and Ben

p.s.-Thanks to my mom for taking such good care of us. We are going to miss you!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

More congrats from here in AZ---we are loving that cute smile on his little, cute face.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Congratulations Jen and Jake! He is beautiful! I am so glad everything went well and can't wait to meet him!

Ashley said...

Congratulations, Garlocks! Brad and I were thrilled to hear about Ben's arrival! Colin wants to know if maybe Ben wants to be locker partners? You know, in keeping with tradition.

MOMMACITA said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO smiling right now!!

HE IS SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!



Can't WAIT to snuggle him

MOMMACITA said...

He is CUTE CUTE CUTE

MOMMACITA said...

I am IN LOVE with Ben

Aubrey said...

Wow, look at that hair! What a cute little kid and hooray for a little blue at that house. I think he looks like Jake.

Kristi said...

Cute cute family picture. You look fantastic Jenny!

Matt said...

Hey hey! Congrats you guys! Leigh and I are excited and can't wait to see you guys over the holidays...

Judy and KC said...

What an amazing family! Ben is SO cute and sweet. It was a treat for me to be there and get to love him up! I loved being there with you all. I miss you already!!!

jakenapril said...

Congratulations on the new "manchild!" What a great name too! He is a cutie...with some cutie pie sisters as well. All our best!

Ryan & Keri said...

What a beautiful baby boy! He definitely looks like a Garlock! Congrats a million times--so happy for you guys!

Friesslings said...

Jenny Congrats from us Friess gang! We miss your family and we are so happy for you. I guess we are following in your footsteps with a boy too. We are due in Feb. 1st. Take care glad all is well.

Danielle

Kristi said...

I love the part about Gracie crying happy tears.... so sweet!!!

Marc and Tricia said...

HOLY COW!!! I am late-but so excited for you guys!! Conratulations on your first man child. You guys are the best-and that last picture of his cute face is so darling! We love you guys!
Tricia Crosby