Can you believe I have a child old enough to loose a tooth? Ahhh!! It 's true...our sweet Gracie lost her first tooth and it was in true Gracie fashion.
We went grocery shopping, unloaded everything into the car, and pulled off. Suddenly, Gracie exclaims,
"I lost my tooth!"
We all cheered for her, and I asked to see it.
"No, I mean I LOST my tooth!"
"Where is it?" I ask.
"I don't know!!"
A very concerned look that neared tears came over her, so I told her I would go look for it. I pulled back into the grocery store, left my three kids in the car, and frantically started to search the grocery store floor. After about 45 seconds, I realized that my mission was ridiculous. There's no way I could find it, and my kids were roasting while I was illegally parked. I decided that we'd have to just work this out with the tooth fairy. She's very understanding, so I've heard.
Here's what Gracie left under her pillow that night:

And guess what? It worked! She received a whole dollar for that missing tooth.


3 comments:
What a milestone! Glad the tooth fairy was so understanding. Congrats to Gracie - you are growing up!
I hope you hadn't just gone to Walmart. Because only a first child who had lost a first tooth could enduce a mother to crawl on her hands and knees on Walmart's floor. So I really hope you hadn't just gone to Walmart.
And I love Gracie's note. Precious Child. Precious precious child.
That tooth fairy is quite agreeable. I can't wait until she makes visits to our house!
Post a Comment