Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lunch Lady Land


Gracie's kindergarten class tried out eating school lunch in the cafeteria in preparation for 1st grade next year. Sophie, Ben, and I tagged along to watch her experience this rite of passage. She was so loving every minute of it.
Gracie has always been anxious to go onto the next exciting stage of life (just like her dad). We feasted on mini corn dogs and soggy crinkle fries. It's amazing how school lunch still tastes about the same as it did in 1989. It can't believe I have a child who is going to be eating school lunch. Graice, you are growing up too fast!

6 comments:

MOMMACITA said...

As I was reading this I was thinking to myself....she seems just like her dad when it comes to movin' on... then you compared her to him!

jinx back double pinkie jinx back

MOMMACITA said...

And it looks like I read this about 2 minutes after you posted. Yes. I stalk.

MOMMACITA said...

And Soph looks pretty excited about the lunch at school as well.


Ben, not so much.

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I never got Fatboys for lunch! No fair!

Jake said...

mommacita, thanks for helping to rack up the comment stats. oh, and I guess thanks to me too...

Kristi said...

Ben looks like such a "big boy" all grown up in his stroller.