Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Last Hurrah of Summer

Oh, summer....I can't believe it is going to end soon! But what a great summer it has been....lots of driving, but lots of fun. We had our 'farewell to summer' celebration this past week at Bear Lake for the day. It was SUPER crowded...we were packed in like sardines on the beach, but the water was spacious and wonderful. I still can't get over how shallow the water is around the beach. It's so perfect for kids. Even Ben was able to walk around in the water. We decided to make this late-August trip a tradition, so anyone who wants to join us next year it welcome!


Jake and Ben catching some rays to hide their farmer tans.

Beach Babe Gracie


Sophie rolled in the sand right after I finished applying all her sunscreen. It reminded me a little of making glitter valentines.


Ben is already flexing his muscles for the camera



Doesn't Ben look old? What happened to my little baby boy?




More glitter valentine decorating

The next weekend, we drove down to P-town to visit my family (no photos of this-sorry!), with Jake's siblings, and even his extended family for the Utah chapter of the reunion.

First we visited Leigh (Jake's sister) and Matt and cousin Henry. What a cutie! He has lots of smiles and personality. Can't wait for those boys to be friends.


Benry and Henry

The G-lock reunion was held in Provo Canyon. It was so beautiful and fun to see all the family that we have missed. We just hung out for a few hours and enjoyed each other's company. Thanks to all who traveled so far!
Here's some scenes:



3 comments:

Jake said...

thanks Jenry!

leigh said...

oh I love hen and ben! And Sof and Gra too. Thanks again guys for coming to visit. We'll come up to see you guys soon!

MOMMACITA said...

My heart almost hurts I want to squeeze those kids so much.......Thanks for the pictures Jen mother of ben, auntie of hen.

See. I can conform.