Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Silly Billies


Gracie: "Grandma Garlock said that she has read Little House on the Prairie." (we just started it)


Me: "Yep, lots of girls have read it. It's a good book."


Gracie: (pause) "Has anyone ever finished it?"

_____________________________________________


Gracie runs into the bathroom with a flashlight and looks at her throat that is sore.

Gracie: "Mom! Mom! There's a big hole in my throat!"


Me: "Come here-let's see"


Gracie: (still yelling) "See-it's like THIS big"


Me: "It's your throat...you know...where your food goes down"


Gracie: "Oh."

Like mother, like daughter-another generation of worriers!



_______________________________________________
Sophie: "Mom! Mom! You painted my room pink! Thank you! Thank you! Gwacie, come here! Come and see! Mom painted our room pink!"


Me: "You're welcome."

(Note: I painted it almost 2 years ago. Glad she likes it, though.)


_________________________________________________


Sophie: "Mom, I want to be ballerina when I grow up."

Me: "Sounds good."

(20 minutes later)

Sophie: "I changeded my mind. I want to be rattlesnake."

Me: "O.K. then"


5 comments:

Judy and KC said...

I'm so glad you recorded these conversations! Thank you for sharing them with all of us. Your children are so funny.

I love to see how the worry gene carries on through the generations. Oldest children have to worry about EVERYTHING!!!!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Mike and I laughed so hard reading these, I love it!

MOMMACITA said...

Next time I will be sure and bring up that I finish most books.

And I think being a rattlesnake would be a worthy goal for a girl who dances.

Kristi said...

L-O-V-E-D it!!!!

MOMMACITA said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE I'm in LOVE with the family Picture! You are so adorable, and JEn, you are beautiful! Enjoyed!